The Superior Court of California, County of Alameda, provides online access to civil case records (documents and information) through DomainWeb. DomainWeb includes information about General Civil, Probate, and Family Law cases, but does not include information about Criminal, Juvenile, or Traffic cases.

Search by Name
Enter a party name to receive a list of case numbers that match the name.

Search by Case Number
Enter a case number to read about the parties to a case, read the Register of Actions and the Minutes, view dates for future hearings, and view and/or print images of case documents.

Search by Date and Location
Enter a date and court location to see calendars for departments at the selected location.

View All Filings
Select a date on the Public Reports (Filings) page to receive links to all non-confidential cases filed on any given day, by location and case type. The Public Reports page allows you to view (not print) the initial case creation document (petition/complaint/filing) for free for the first 5 days from the date the document is filed.

View Complex Litigation
Select a department to receive a list of all complex cases heard in that department and links to case information and calendars. (Pursuant to California Rule of Court 3.400, a case is "complex" if it requires exceptional judicial management to avoid placing unnecessary burdens on the court or the litigants.)

What case records are available online?
For a fee, you may access online most case documents that are available for public viewing. Documents larger than 250 pages are not accessible online.

 Civil  Most case documents except for sealed or confidential. Pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure Sec. 1161.2, most matters regarding Unlawful Detainer are only available for viewing for 60 days after the date the complaint is filed.
 Criminal, Traffic  None
 Family  Not available at this time.
 Adoption, Paternity  None
 Juvenile  None
 Probate  Images are available for documents filed after January 31, 2006, except for conservatorships, guardianships and confidential documents.

How do I get started?
You must have an account to purchase documents or to search by name. You may create an account by selecting this link Create an Account or by selecting the Log In button on the site.

What information is required to search by name?
You may search using a business name, full name or partial name. The business or last name must be at least 2 characters.

What information is required to search by case number?
Case number formats vary depending on the date and the type of case. To view the format, See Case Number Formats

After I pay for documents, how do I see them? Is there a time limit?
To retrieve your purchased documents, you must login to your account. You have the option to open the document to view/print or download the document. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view documents. Documents are available online for 15 days from the date of purchase.

 Name Search:  $1 per search credit
 Documents:  1 to 5 pages  $1.00 per page
   6 to 74 pages  $0.50 per page
   75 to 250 pages  $40.00 maximum per document
   For Documents longer than 250 pages, please contact Ask Records Management
   Credits may be used to purchase documents.
 Free Documents:
(view and print)
 Civil Law and Motion Tentative Rulings
   Tentative and Final Case Management Conference Rulings.
   Probate Examiner Notes.
   View case-initiating documents (e.g., petition, complaint) for free for the first 5 calendar days from the date of filing. Free view is available through the Public Reports (Filings) page ONLY.
 Half Page Preview  Customers may see a free half page preview of any of the pages in a document that is available for purchase. NOTE: While you may preview individual pages, you cannot purchase individual pages. Only entire documents are available for purchase.

Can I get the fees waived?
A party to a case who has a fee waiver is exempt from document fees for that case. You may apply when you create your account.

The following users may request to be exempt from these fees:

*employees and judicial officers of California Supreme Court, Courts of appeal, and Superior Courts;
* volunteer attorneys who are on the Court’s court-appointed mediator or arbitrator panel (free access limited to volunteer-related work only); and
* court-appointed guardians ad litem.

What is pay as you go?
There are several DomainWeb account types. Pay As You Go Accounts can be used immediately. All other account types require further staff action to finalize enrollment. You will need to use the system on a Pay As You Go basis until enrollment in any other account type selected is completed.

How do I buy name search credits?
You may purchase up to 50 credits a day at $1 per credit. To purchase name search credits, click the “Search by Name” icon. At the “Search by Name” screen, you will have two options on the right hand side of the screen. You can log in if you have an existing account or you can create a new account.

Saving the customer’s Credit Card Information with a secure service
Customers can select an option to save the credit card information when creating an account or when updating their account information under the My Information tab. This information is stored with a secure service and pre-populates the payment screen with the stored information. Please Contact Ask Records Management.

Ability to use credits for purchasing documents and name searches
Credits can be used for name searches and document purchases.

Can I note which of my clients I should bill for this fee?
Yes, we have added a receipt notes field.

How does a credit or debit card transaction appear on my statement?
Your credit card statement will indicate Superior Court of Alameda County on your statement.

I have unused credits. What happens now?
Purchased credits never expire. They cannot be transferred or refunded, but they remain on your account.

I have bought credits, but they have not been added to my account. What do I do?
Please Contact Ask Records Management.

Can I buy more than one credit at a time?
Yes, once you create your account, you may buy up to fifty credits at a time. The current account limit is fifty credits.

Do you keep my card details?
Yes, we can store credit card information ONLY upon your authorization while signing up or updating your account.

How can I pay?
We accept MasterCard or VISA for payment.

How do I buy credits?
If you have an account, log in and follow the prompts. If you do not have an account, you must Create an Account to buy credits.

All information provided by the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda through this internet service is provided "as is", with no warranties, expressed or implied, including the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. The Superior Court of California, County of Alameda furthermore, does not guarantee or warrant the correctness, completeness or utility for any general or specific purpose of the data available through the access of this site. In no event shall the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda be liable for any damages, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of the use of, or the inability to use this internet service.

View/Print Malfunctions
Customers may choose to print copies of document images using their personal computer. The court is not responsible or liable for any malfunction of a customer's printer used for such purposes and will not issue a refund if a document fails to print.

I am having problems with my search. What do I do?
Select this link Ask Records Management and include a brief description of what you are trying to do and what happened including any error message received. We will investigate the reported issue and reply accordingly.

I know the case exists, but when I enter the case number, I receive the message “No matches found.”
When you select Search by Case Number, select the link “See Case Number Format”. This will assist in entering the correct format for the case number.

I have forgotten my password. What should I do?
On the HOME page, select the Log In button. At the bottom of the Log In screen is a link entitled Forgot Password. You will be prompted to enter your email address, and then select the Email Password button. Your password will be sent from to the email address you provided when you created your account. Please reset your password immediately. The temporary password expires in 30 minutes.

I have forgotten my username. What can I do?
Your email address is your username. If you have forgotten the email address you used to create the account, you will need to create a new account.

I have changed my email address. What should I do?
Please Contact Ask Records Management.

Why do users have to retype validation codes every 15 minutes even if they have accounts?
There is a session time out limit for security reasons.

After years of providing basic searches at no cost, why did the Court decide to start charging for this service?
The Court has realized nearly a 30 percent budget reduction over the last 5 years; in response, there have been staff layoffs, furloughs, and reduced public counter and phone hours. In addition to making significant cuts to operations, sound governance necessitates the implementation of comprehensive cost recovery strategies, as authorized by existing law.

What determined the amount of the fee?
Fees charged for online access reflect the cost of providing the service (see Gov. Code Section 68150(1) and California Rules of Court rule 2.506(a)).

Is this a secure site?
This site allows you to access the Alameda County Superior Court via a secure web server.

What are the system requirements of this site?
To use this site, your browser must accept cookies from this site, pop up blockers must be disabled, and JavaScript must be enabled. The site is optimized for Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9.0, Google's Chrome Version 33.0, and Mozilla Firefox 26.0, Safari 6.1.2 or higher. The site is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1280 x 768 or higher.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view documents.

Can I subscribe to a case so that I receive notification when a new document is filed on a case?
The Court is exploring this service.